Friday, March 30, 2012

A new me

Hello everyone,
I got my cast off yesterday, so I am starting to feel a little more like myself. Mommy posted a before and after picture. The last 4 weeks seems like we have all been on a different planet. I haven't got the strength to walk yet but I am trying. The Dr. said that the bone growth is good and the cast can come off but no Physical therapy for 3-4 weeks. He wants me to see what I can do by myself without people stretching and pushing me to much. Although, I think I might try more than anyone would have me do. :) I have already realized I can scoot on my backside to get places and have started to crawl around a little. I still have to take rests because everything starts aching and I need to sit for awhile. Nothing keeps me down for long. The Dr. said that everything went perfect. No infection, no complications (like pneumonia) and good bone growth. Praise the Lord and thank you for all your prayers!

Our hive continues to buzz with starting our garden, working on our house, making yummy strawberry jam, mowing yards, school and all my appointments. The Lord has continued to bless everyone and we are enjoying all this beautiful weather. We got back to late last night for me to get a bath but I will be a clean new me by tonight. I haven't had a good soaking bath and hair cut for 4 weeks. Boy do I miss playing in the tub. So as I look forward to enjoying the weather and taking a bath, I hope you enjoy the simple moments everyday brings... because you will never have them back. We love you all and thank you for checking in with me. Please continue to pray for strength and bone growth so I can go running with James this summer.
God bless you all,
Josiah and family

P.s. Another update in the last week.. my hearing aids came in. The molds for the pieces were made over a year ago so they don't fit to well but when they work I really enjoy hearing. I will need to get new molds done in the next few weeks and then I will be good to go. Pray that this will help me with my talking and comprehension. :) Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. YEA Josiah! We are so happy that you were able to get your casts off! Praise the Lord for His lovingkindness towards you! Can't wait until we can see you back at church. We will continue to pray for your recovery. You are a special little boy and God is doing GREAT things through your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for our Strong, Sweet Si! I love when you amaze everyone. I'm so glad that you're doing so well. I love my hearing aides and I hope yours work as well. I love to see your picture in your blog, because I sure miss my TN triplets and the rest of the family.....Love to all of you, Torie and Family

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, we love your input!