Sunday, February 26, 2012

Surgery is a go for Feb.28th

Hello,
We were just having a "boy" party! My sisters like to have tea parties, but that is for girls. So James, and I have Boy parties in our tent. Here we got to eat chocolate chip muffins and watch the Chipmunk movie... my favorites!

Just wanted everyone to know that my surgery is a go for Tuesday Feb. 28th. I went to have my pre-op appointment on Friday and everything looked good.
We will be at the hospital at 5:30am on Tuesday. My
sisters and James will be staying
with my Grandma and Grandpa so prayers for them are appreciated too. We couldn't do this without all the support and prayers from my family and friends. Thank you so much for checking in and mommy will be posting updates on here and on Facebook to keep everyone posted on my days.

Tuesday is going to be very long but also very intense. I will be in surgery for 13-15 hours and they are going to break my hips, make a socket and completely reconstruct it. The Doctors will access how much my body can take but if all goes well they will also be cutting my ankle's and turning my feet almost 90 degrees as well. The Lord has made a way for this surgery because right now I walk sideways on my ankles (mommy tried to post a picture but it is hard to tell when I am walking away :), and have been coming to mommy needing my feet rubbed because of pain a lot lately. The plan is to start on one side, complete 1 hip/ankle then the other hip/ankle. I will be asleep (from medicine) for at least a day after surgery because the Dr. said the pain will be so bad they are going to have to help me. Then they will start waking me up and we will see how things go. They don't expect me to eat anything for at least a couple days due to pain either, but mommy is going to bring my favorite cereal ... just in case :) They expect me to be in the ICU for 3-5 days. The Lord knows what my body needs and I know He is in control.

Please pray for wisdom and peace. Pray I am not in a lot of pain and that infection stays away (especially in my lungs!)!! Pray for the Doctors, nurses and everyone who will be working on me. Pray for my body and blood to be strong during the whole surgery and for the Lords will to be done. Please also pray that my family and I can be a witness to those we come in contact with, because without the Lord everything is pointless.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and beginning of a blessed week. No matter the outcome I know my week will be blessed because I trust the Lord has everything in His hands and there is no better place to be.

See ya soon!
Josiah and family

4 comments:

  1. Hi little man. Thank you for the update! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and I look forward to updates. You go Josiah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for all these things! So thankful God is in control! Love you Josiah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
    For you have been my hope, Sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth.
    Deuteronomy 31:8; Psalm 71:5
    Be assured, little Josiah, that the Lord YOUR God is ALWAYS with you!
    Grandma Dee & Papaw love you! And Benjamin, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Standing in agreement with your prayer & the healing WORD of the LORD! Yes and Amen! Love and encouragement to all of you, the joy of the LORD strengthen and keep you in perfect peace! ((((((HUGS))))) & LOVE!!!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, we love your input!