Sunday, February 5, 2012

Happy Unbirthday (a day late)

HaPPy UnBirtHdAy to Josiah and Torie!! Two years ago Saturday, Torie and I got new blood that has been working to help fix our bodies. Our transplant journey started many weeks and months before this but on that special day is when our bodies started from ground zero (again). We both have been through so much in the last 2 years but are doing so very well. Torie just had her adenoids taken out, Dental work done, an ABR and Ear tubes put in. She also has some super cool new glasses. Please take a look at her blog and keep her in your prayers, she is our twin/triplet and will always be family! (there is a link to her blog on the lower right sidebar)

As for me, I will also have surgery on Monday. Although, I have already had my adenoids taken out I have to be just like Torie and keep up with everything else. So tomorrow I will head back to the hospital to have Dental work done, ear tubes back in and an ABR. They already know that I need hearing aids and they have had the molds done for months (with cool green sparkles) just waiting for the results of our long awaited ABR (hearing test). All this is pretty routine but since I have been having colds on and off the Doctors are keeping an eye on any congestion I might have since I have to have a tube in my throat to help me breathe during surgery. Please pray that everything goes well and that I will wake up and be able to come home by lunch.

I have so enjoyed my time off from going to the hospital. All my blood work is good and I feel great (unless I have a cold).
I LOVE playing outside and taking walks to Grandma's house (who moved just down the driveway :). We are
building a new house
and James and I will have a new room. It will be awhile till it is done but James already wants to paint it green. I love running up and down the ramp on the back porch and would love to paint but mommy won't let me stick my head in the paint... oh well, I guess I might be able to when she is not looking sometime :)

If I do well on Monday and continue to be healthy, my hip and ankle surgery is on February 28. That is my Pa-paw's birthday, so as a birthday gift I want to heal up real fast so I can come have a super party with him. Please pray that I stay healthy and that the Doctors (& daddy and mommy) will have wisdom on all the decisions that are so important for this surgery and during this surgery. Jesus has carried me through so much since I was born and I know He will continue to carry me.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers and for checking up on me. It means so much that you read this, it is encouraging to me and my family. Mommy will keep you posted on any new news.

May God bless you,
Josiah

5 comments:

  1. Josiah, praying for you tomorrow and trusting the Lord's best in your life. You have a great family behind you who love, pray and support you and we know that you will do just fine tomorrow because God is on your side! Sending lots of HUGS your way.

    Vera for the Crisp family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for a blog update! I know you'll have no problems tomorrow because I didn't, and we still do things the same! We'll be thinking of you and sending prayers and happy thoughts, like we always do. I sure wish I could meet you in Minnesota since we are both feeling great! We can't wait to see pictures of your new house...maybe The Mommy would let me come help you paint. You and Jay and I could give it that special twin-triplet touch! Give hugs to The Mommy, The Daddy, The Sisters, and of course our Hero-Twin from me and my Grandma's! We love all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 2 years!!! So glad to hear you and your family are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Josiah. I'm sure you did great today. Lots of good thoughts have been heading your way little man. I wish you and your family could have celebrated you and Torie's Un-Birthday together. We all had a great time! I'm hoping to hear how your day went today.

    Torie's Papa Tom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanking God for His goodness and amazing grace! Praying with confidence as the LORD blesses and keeps you safe in His care, Josiah. Looking forward to your good report, quick recovery and wonderful birthday celebrations with PaPaw & family from all of us in IL who love you so very much!!!

    Joy in your journey, Josiah, with BIG (((HUGS))) and lots of <3<3<3!!!

    Aunt Cindy and Uncle Jim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, we love your input!