Thursday, December 31, 2009

We're here in Minnesota!




Well, we are finally here! The next day after daddy and I got sick we drove in the van and after awhile the van filled with smoke. Daddy pulled over and had everyone get ready to get out. It was really exciting for a few minutes, but it was just our transmission that died (whatever that means). We did get to ride in the van on the back of a big tow truck and that was a lot of fun. We got to stay in another hotel and that is when mommy and Sara got sick. Mommy says that God worked all the details out and we were back on the road by lunch the next day (Tuesday). We made it here and there is so much white stuff... that is me and daddy next to a big pile of it (no it's not a hill, just a big pile).

Daddy woke me up really early the next day to go meet my new Doctor. I wasn't to happy about it and then they stuck me and James to take our blood. I was really happy when we were able to go take a late nap in my crib. Then we got to go visit this really big house that has a Ronald McDonald in the front yard and a big playground. Daddy says we may get to stay there soon.

Today I got to sleep a little later but still had to go visit the Hospital again. We still got out in the cold (8 degrees) early and saw lots and lots of Doctors... my favorite part was when I got to play in a big gym with big tunnels and put beans in a small jar with a nice lady ( mommy said it was a OT?). Anyway we are back at the hotel now for a nice nap (around 5pm.) and get to go eat soon. James likes to say "eat time now". We get a few days to rest and then back to the hospital on Monday and my surgery on Tuesday. I got a doll that had the same port as me to show me how I will look after my surgery, and James and Sara got Doctor kits. I am looking forward to my few days off from the hospital. I also want to wish everyone a Blessed New Year!!

4 comments:

  1. Linda sent me the blog site. I've read what's there. Praise the Lord you made it OK in spite of the transmission and the virus. We're praying for you and will check the blog to keep up-to-date. Tom and Sally Strong

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim where is the snow boggin that we gave you?
    Love you guys, so happy you made it there. Sorry about the frigid temperatures today - feels like -29!!!!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be praying for you on Tuesday especially!!! Stay warm!

    Much love,

    The Wagners from VA

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll be praying for you Tuesday, trusting the Lord to work all things to His glory, and the good of Josiah and the whole family. - Tom and Sally Strong

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, we love your input!