Wednesday, January 27, 2010

-8 days (& counting)

Hello,
Just wanted to tell everyone how wonderful I am doing!! I came into the hospital on Monday. They let me leave and have dinner with my family for a couple hours since I didn't get any chemo yet. I came back at bedtime and then on Tuesday had my first Chemo. The nurse in the picture has to put a full outfit on just to give me the Chemo. The medicine just goes directly into my line. It went really well. They have to give me extra fluids to flush out my body because this specific Chemo can burn and make the bladder bleed. So they want me to have lots of wet diapers and if I don't they have to give me medicine to make it all come out. I have only had to have that medicine 1 time so far. Praise the Lord! The Dr. said if I didn't get sick after the first 3-4 hours that I probably won't. Now the Chemo can cause other problems down the road, but we are trusting in God's grace one day at a time. So far I am doing well!
I have had my second Chemo (Cytoxin) today (Wednesday) and I am still doing really well. Daddy said that I wouldn't eat at breakfast and we thought they would have to start a feeding tube but I made up for it at lunch. As you can see I had some pizza, Tatar tots and yogurt. Before that, I finished a whole banana and some cheerios! I don't think the tube will be needed! :) The Lord sure has been good to me. Mommy said that every time something seems to come up the Lord takes care of it. When I wouldn't eat, a couple hours later I ate. When my fever started going up, the next time they took my temp it was back down. In these pictures I am in my bed but I get to get out and play on a floor mat. A nice lady even came in and played ball with me around the room, I had lots of fun. I have had energy and the Dr.'s keep saying they are surprised but just wait. We give God all the glory and trust that He will continue to shock the Doctors (for the good)!
I love animals and a nice lady gave me a doggy. Here I am petting my new friend. I hug and love him. I am charming all the nurses here and they are all very kind. Even though I would rather be home. The Lord has made this part not so bad. Thank you all for your prayers. We will look forward to bringing you many more good reports. We love and miss you all!
P.s. Please pray for bubby (James), he is my donor and my best friend. I miss him and he misses me really bad. He doesn't understand what is going on and he is really sad a lot. Please join us in praying for peace for him. Thank you! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that Josiah's doing well! We're all praying for him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're glad to be able to follow your blog Josiah so we can keep track of what's going on! We're thinking thinking of you and keeping you and your family in our prayers! Hugs from your neighbor...Torie (and Grandmas Cheryl and Cathy!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, we love your input!