Thursday, January 14, 2010

The long journey has begun!

We praise the Lord for He is good, His mercy endures forever!




Thank you so much for your prayers for me today, I am doing great!!! Just to let you know a little of what we learned this week. The doctors told mommy and daddy that my eyes are really good and that I won't need glasses! We also learned that my heart,lungs,and brain have some buildup from my Hurlers but that I can go ahead with my BMT. The doctors are a little concerned about all the lung problems I have had in the past but we will just keep praying (even though the doctors don't seem to understand about prayer). My ENT dr. said that one of my tubes in my ears is not working but they don't have to do surgery on it right now. So we are going ahead with my BMT.




Today I received a medicine in my leg that is the first of three injections I will get over 3 days. This is the first medicine in my long journey (its like a Chemo drug). They said that if you don't have any side effects on day one that you probably wont have any problems the other three days. The Lord blessed so very much and I have done great today. I came home and had a nap and been playing with my sisters and James. I also have had fun with Pa-Paw who is staying with us right now. Please pray for my friend, Torie. She is a girl only a month younger then I am and has Hurlers syndrome. She is on the same track that I am and we will have the same un-birthday( that is what they call the transplant day, Feb.4). She had her first injection of Medicine today just like me but she had a bad reaction and is VERY sick. I really enjoy playing with her and having someone like me here, but please keep her and her family in your prayers as well!




We will have visitors this weekend, I am so excited! Not just any visitors, my Grandma Linda and Grandpa are coming. I will get to play with them this weekend and all of us are counting the days till they get here. We sure miss everyone.


After these three days (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) I will have my Enzyme treatments once a week and limited Dr. updates but otherwise I will have a break till Jan. 25 then I go into the hospital to stay till I am better. I have the transplant if all goes well on Feb.4 and then we wait to see how the Lord will heal my body. Thank you all for listening about my journey and praying for me. It's very encouraging for me and my family. We love you all and miss you, Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we love your input!