Friday, April 9, 2010

+64 Please pray for Torie

Hello,
As you can see I am getting very furry. I mentioned before that I am on a medicine called CSA that grows hair everywhere (except your head, so it seems). I am finally getting a little shadow of hair on my head as well and it is all coming in black. Wow! I had my 60 day labs done and everything is perfect.... 100% engrafted in every category. Can't get better than that, Praise the Lord!!!
We do need fervent prayer for my friend Torie. I think it was the 40day labs that came back that she was 94% engrafted. This last test came back that she was 97% herself and 3% engrafted...:( It is a little confusing (even for the Dr. I think). They are cutting back

her CSA (anti-rejection medicine) to see if her numbers come up by day 100. If they don't it is back to ground zero, either she goes home with the BMT not working or starts BMT over with a compromised immune system. We can hardly think on these things and ask much prayer for the Lord to work in her little body and for her donor cells to grow. Torie and her Grandma's have become like family up here and we love them dearly. Please pray for the Lord to give grace to this family! We thank you all for following our progress and encouraging us with your prayers and notes. Please know it is not in vain!! We so covet your support and thank the Lord that He has given encouragement though ya'll. We miss ya'll and everyone can't wait to be able to go home.

Lots of love and hugs,
Josiah and family
P.s.for more updated report see Torie's blog

4 comments:

  1. We are praying! You look cute furry, Josiah!

    Thank you for sharing about Torie,too.

    Much love,
    The Wagner Family from VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Si - Thank you, and your family too, for being so caring and for asking for prayers for us. We know prayer works for us and we're sure hoping it will help my donor cells grow. Your family is so kind to us and your sisters are the sweetest girls! I love the pots and pans and the books. And the furrier the better, right? SSSSi! We love you! Torie and the Grandma's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Josiah, I LIKE your dark eye browns; makes you look very "distinguished." :) So sorry to hear about Torie; I know this must be hard for all of you to hear; we are definitely petitioning the Lord for those donor cells to grow, grow, grow! We do not always understand God's purposes but we know He is always good in all His ways; we must believe and trust that He will bring about His perfect will in Torie's body in His time. It is so hard to wait though...We are so happy you have had such a good friend there and so happy to hear of your continued progress! We are counting down the days til you return! HUGS to all your family from all our family.

    Love from Vera, Tad, Autumn, Carey and Phillip Crisp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josiah, I just reread my post; you have dark eye brows, not eye browns. :) Silly Miss Vera wasn't wearing her glasses!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, we love your input!