Tuesday, April 13, 2010

+68 NO TPN!!!

Hello again,
Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. As you can see from my last post, we had a really nice weekend. Went back to clinic on Monday and told Mr. Jerry how much I have been eating and he said I could go off my TPN for a few days to see how I do. Please, Please, Please pray that I will continue to eat and drink well (pref. good for you stuff) and my electrolytes stay good. Then I won't have to go back on the TPN and that will be one more hurdle down.

The Dr said that I am doing great and that being 100% engrafted in both CD3 and CD15(fancy words for how they check the cells) is so rare this early that they are very surprised. My enzyme levels haven't come back yet but they don't have any reason why it shouldn't be normal since I have such good Donor cells. Praise the Lord! Can you believe how the Lord has taken care of me.... my family and I are so very thankful. I do still have a few hurdles to get over (oral meds, eating better, talking.. ect.) but we know that "He who began a good work in me will carry it to completion!" We do have therapy today (OT) and therapy every day for the rest of the week. Also, I do have to go back to clinic on Wed. just to make sure my body is doing good without the TPN. Other then that we are just enjoying this beautiful weather ( got to go outside with the family last night and play a little ball).

Please continue to pray for the other families here .... especially my friend Torie. She really needs her donor cells to grow. She looks great and is active and eating well but the Doctors keep giving them news of setbacks. Her grandma's are very discouraged but we know with God all things are possible! Please pray for this dear little girl and her family ( check her blog for updates). We cherish all the love and encouragement ya'll have shared with us, we are so thankful to the Lord for yet one more way He is taking care of me.

We miss you all!!

Josiah and family
P.s. sorry for the same picture again but you know mommy.... she just thinks this one is so cute. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Josiah, keep eating lots of good foods! Some of Rylie's favorites after transplant were salsa and chips and tomato soup. Now she likes broccoli soup and carrot soup. Do you think you could eat any of those? When we were trying for lots of calories, I would add olive oil and/or avocado and maybe even cream? I'm sure Jerry has given you lots of ideas, too. Hopefully you've gotten off TPN for good!

    Nice CSA hair, Si! You wear it well. You are SO cute.

    Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for you Si! Keep eating so you can stay off that TPN! I'm so happy for your engraftment levels! James did a great job with sharing his hero blood. We love reading your blog - it's always uplifting and reassuring to our spirits. I can't imagine having to go through all this without you. You and your family are a true blessing to us! We love you Strong Sweet Si! Torie and the Grandma's

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, we love your input!