Wednesday, March 3, 2010

+27 Enzyme Day

Hello from Sunny MN,

I hope everyone is having beautiful weather, we are sunny and 40 degrees. Even though I can't be out in the sun, I sure enjoy the nice weather and taking walks to clinic everyday. Today I have my 23rd ERT (4th since BMT, 4 more to go!!), it takes over 4 hours to infuse so I get to be here for awhile. My body should be producing Enzyme by now but they want a total of 8 treatments post transplant to make sure my body can catch up on cleaning out the trash in my body. I will still have some build up in places like my joints that don't completely clean out and may need work down the line, but hopefully my body will make up for lost time. I was suppose to have Platelets today as well but my counts jumped from 11 to 23 over night. Wow, praise the Lord! So no platelets today. All my other counts dropped and my Hemoglobin (blood) went from 8.7 to 7.4 so I do get some of that today. Over all I am feeling pretty good and have been really helpful with the nurses doing my vitals. I am joyful and friendly even though I seem to be a little weak, I know I will get stronger over time.

I really enjoy being back with my family even though it is a small room, our single wide mobile home will seem like a mansion when we get back...but it will be home and I can't wait. We will have to be very careful for the next year or so till my body gets really strong. I will have to wear my blue mask for a year or more as well, even at home just to help my body fight germs. But like my daddy says, God is the only one that keeps us in health or sickness so we just keep trusting the Lord to keep. We have been blessed with much health since we have been here and we Praise the Lord for that.

I still don't want to eat much but I am drinking well and I know that I will want to eat in time. I have enjoyed all of my "hurler family" friends that I have met here, and everyone else as well. Thank you for your love and prayers we miss you all and hope you have a wonderful day!



Hugs,

Josiah






4 comments:

  1. We continue to be encouraged by the news! :)
    Seth asks nearly everyday if Josiah is getting better and says he's going to come to his house and play with him when he gets home. We, too, can't wait for you guys to be home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have thought 40 degrees would be a NICE day? It's all relative, huh? Josiah looks so comfortable on that pillow, so cute!

    Miss you all-love you so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Si! I'm so happy your platelets are doing their job and that #4 went well! We're half way to one hurdle! I can't wait to see you, my friend! Love, Torie and the Grandma's

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI SI. I AM GLAD YOU ARE DOING SO WELL AND ENJOYING YOUR FAMILY. HOPEFULLY SOON YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE TORIE AND GIVE HER A HUG. YOU SURE LOOK LIKE A SWEET BOY. THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR JOURNEY WITH ME. I AM ERINS MOM. AND A STEP GRAM OF TORIE. I MAY NEVER SEE YOU AND YOUR GREAT FAMILY FOR REAL,BUT WILL FOREVER BE TOUCHED BY THE STORY.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, we love your input!