Monday, March 15, 2010

+39 Trying something new

Hello to all,
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I didn't go to Church Yesterday because my numbers where so low, but daddy took the girls and they really enjoyed it. Our church at home had services in our new building yesterday and we sure wish we could of been there (can't wait to see it). Also,Pa-Paw came back yesterday afternoon and we were all glad that he had a safe trip back.
I went to clinic today and so did James. James went to get checked because he has bumps on his back where they took out the bone marrow (see picture). The Dr. said that it is where there was some bleeding between the bones and it hardened, they should go away on there own eventually. My blood work came back really good and I didn't have to have extra medicine. Actually they took me off of one (Ursodiol) and cut one of them in half (Lasix). Also I get off my MMF on Friday and my Ganciclovir (anti-viral for CMV) ends on the beginning of April....yeah, less medicine! I still don't have much of an appetite. I kinda go back and forth... one day I will eat up to 400 calories then the next day I won't eat anything. Mr. Jerry is trying something new by taking away my Lipids (fat in my TPN). Hopefully this will cut my calories enough for me to want to eat more. Also, we are going to try to give me "shots" of ensure in my tummy line after meals (if I eat) to help my stomach stretch a little and maybe want more food. The Dr. said that right now I feel the hunger pains as nausea pains and can't tell the difference, so I push the food away instead of wanting food. Please keep praying that I will eat more and can keep it down.
We have been having beautiful weather here, maybe later in the week if it stays warm my sisters, James and I can go outside and play with Torie. It's Torie's birthday next Monday (she will be 3)and she visited us in a wagon passing out invitations for her Elmo birthday party ( see picture, no that is not me.... it's Torie with James :) We love seeing her and the thought to go play outside sounds so fun. We all love the thought of Spring coming and can't wait to get home and work outside. We miss you all and hope you are enjoying your weather no matter what it may be. Thank you for your continued prayers we love you all!
Josiah and family






3 comments:

  1. Hooray for you Si! I'm so happy for your counts and Great job getting off lipids and ursodiol. One day at a time we're getting there! Tell James I'm glad everything is okay with his Hero sites! I can't wait to play outside with you and your cute sibs! Love, Torie

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. - Your Mommy makes super yummy cookies! Tell her thank you for us! XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Si, good luck without the lipids. I hope that helps you feel more hungry. You are doing so great! Lots of answered prayers. We're happy you get to help celebrate Torie's birthday. I love the photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, we love your input!