Friday, March 26, 2010

+50 Yeah! Half way home


Good morning

I am 50 days post Transplant! They are saying I can go home around day 100, so I am halfway there!! We are having lots of Spring weather up here and it makes it feel more like home... 60 degrees this week and 70's next. I can't wait to be able to have energy enough to go play outside, I wish I didn't have to wear this mask it's hard to breathe but I know I need it.

Mommy, Daddy and the Dr. have figured out the main reason I get sick is from the Bactrium. I get it 2x's a day on Mondays and Tuesdays and we narrowed my sickness to Monday PM to Wed. AM. We are going to try a different medicine that does the same thing but doesn't have the side effects and you only have to have it as a breathing treatment 1x a month. Humm... makes you wonder why they didn't just start me on that to begin with. They are also upping my tube feeds at meal time to help my stomach stretch a little maybe make me more hungry.


Today I am getting my 4 hour infusion of IVIG and the main side effect is fever ( high fever). And being my baseline is if my fever goes over 100.5 I go back in the hospital for at least 48 hours. We need prayer that my fever stays down, even if it is just a side effect. Grandpa and Grandma Linda are traveling today and I can't wait to see them. Pray for travel safety and heath for everyone this weekend. I also might get my "little green tractor ";) today so I will have mommy take some cute pictures to share. Thank you again for all your support and prayers. We are almost home!!


Lots of hugs,

Josiah

1 comment:

  1. Dear Josiah - I hope stopping that icky Bactrim makes a huge difference! We've made it to half-way, I'm so proud of you for being so strong and so brave. I can't wait to see pictures of you with your tractor! Maybe we can terrorize the halls soon! Love and hugs...Torie and the Grandma's

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, we love your input!