Thursday, February 18, 2010

+14 gettin there

Hello Si here, just letting everyone know I am doing really good! Right now I am sleeping a lot because my body is trying so hard to get better. When I am awake I am very grumpy and I don't understand why I don't like anyone right now. The Doctors gave me a medicine for the swelling in my throat and it worked really well, I come off the oxygen when I am awake and need just a little when sleeping. They took me off the medicine early (suppose to have min of 3 days) because I am doing better and they think it is what is making me so grouchy. I feel more like Oscar the Grouch than Elmo. I had my 2nd ERT (21 total) Wednesday and it went perfectly. My swelling is slowly getting better but I still am very puffy. My fever is gone now for over two days, and I have taken oral medicine without throwing up. My blood pressure is up a little but I have been able to take the medicine (oral) to help me. My bum is completely better as is my spots. Mommy will post some numbers at the bottom for those who want to know. I just know that I am slowly getting better. I know that a lot of people are praying for me and the Lord is hearing our prayers. Thank you Lord! I may be able to go for a stroll in the Hall by Saturday and possible out by middle of next week. Woo Hoo! Can't wait! Always want to remind everyone of my friend Torie, she isn't feeling well and I want to be able to play with her soon. She needs Jesus to touch her body. Besides me being so grumpy I am sending lots of hugs to everyone, I miss you all! We still have a ways to go but we are gettin there!
Love,
Josiah
WBcount 4.1 YA!
Platelets 46 & holding
Weight 15.5kg (still holding the liquids)
Neutrophils 2.5 and of that I am 61% engrafted!
They wait till day +21 to test if the marrow that is growing is mine or James. Hopefully its James and now Mine!:)
Don't worry if you don't understand this..took mommy and daddy a long time to get it (and still don't to much). Just know I am doing really well and we are so thankful to God!

2 comments:

  1. wow...so exciting. I must confess I check for updates everyday (and keep checking until I see one:) I am so encouraged that God is listening to our prayers. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! What an awesome God! We're all rejoicing ( my co-workers and I at the bank) over this good news! Like Apryl, we check for updates throughout the day until we see one! :) ....hope Torie is doing better soon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, we love your input!