Friday, February 12, 2010

+8 not doing great


Hello to all,
I wish I had a better picture for you today but I am not feeling so well. My platelet count went down to 6 again yesterday and I had to have more. Also, my Hemoglobin was 7.8 this morning so I am getting more of that as well. Pray for good blood. My CMV has come back ( mommy wonders if it is from some of this blood that was donated, they don't screen for CMV it's harmless to most), so I am on my Bad Anti-Viral again. Also, my test came back that I have an infection in my blood, so I am on an antibiotic again as well. In my picture I am actually awake and watching my shows, which is encouraging to mommy and daddy because I haven't even wanted to watch my shows. But as you can tell I have a lot of fluid swelling so I have to be on a medicine to help me get that out. The extra fluid can build around my lungs, and we don't want that. My blood pressure is staying a little high, but they say that could be from the anti-viral and the extra fluid(but giving extra medicine for that as well). I have been barfing my oral meds which is hard when I need the Tylenol for my fevers. My fever is down a little right now (only by prayer to 98.7! :) but has been staying over 101-103. My nurses are trying to juggle all the medicine that I need so please pray for patients and wisdom for them. I have 4 pumps with many lines coming into me and they are always full. Yikes! My breathing continues to be rough and I am trying so hard to breathe. A lot of this is side effects from the Chemo and we just need to get passed this. I am on a continual drip of Morphine for the pain which is helping me to rest a little. We continue to trust that I am in God's hands and continue to ask for your love and prayers. I am very weak and need the encouragement. Thank you all for being there for me and my family. We thank the Lord for you all!!
Josiah and family
P.s. Grandpa and Grandma Linda are coming to visit this weekend, pray for a safe trip as they drive so many hours! I wish I could go play with them, but look forward to it in the near future! We just need my cells to grow ( they have seen them come in as soon as day +11..) Jesus please help my new enzyme producing cells to grow fast!

1 comment:

  1. Josiah, I'm praying for God to give you strength and comfort. Tell Daddy and Mommy I'm praying for them, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, we love your input!