Tuesday, February 9, 2010

+5 and still going


Hi everyone,
The Dr. is taking me off of the Bad Anti-viral medicine today!! Yeah! They are switching it to a different one that is not so bad for my body since I don't have CMV anymore. I still need to be on a anti viral in case the CMV pops up again while I have no immune system, but this one is not so bad. My blood pressure is up a little but they say that is probably from this hard Anti-viral med and it should stay down now. That means one less blood pressure medicine. Praise the Lord! I had a really good night last night and even kept down my oral medicine this morning. I wanted to get down and play and lasted for 1/2 hour before I got to shaky. I am on +5 days and doing great. My hair is falling out in chunks (mommy thought I didn't have much hair till it started falling out and getting all over everything and there is still more to go), it is a little itchy but it doesn't bother me much. I do have a pretty bad sore bottom, they say it is the break down from my organs (and that is normal). Please pray that the Lord will keep all parts of me in this process and my
bottom won't hurt so bad. My mouth seems to be pretty good, no sores we can see but I still like to suck on my fingers (which I never use to do). So besides by bum and being a little weak, you would never know I had just killed my immune system and am trying to restart it. My platelet count is 15 and Hemoglobin 9.9, Dr. says that this is part of my blood and I may need more soon but not yet. I do seem to get cold easy, but mommy likes to keep the room nice and warm (daddy not so much :). I rest well and love the warm blankets! The Doctors and nurses still say that I am doing so amazingly good, we give God all the glory. Thank you again for your continued prayers! Ps. Thank you to my friend Torie for the fun Elmo book. I love it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry your Bum hurts Si...You'll feel better soon! :)
    We love you and are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, we love your input!