Friday, February 19, 2010

+15 ...WBCount 11.6!

Good Morning,
And a very good morning it is! My counts are up to 11.6... Ya!!! And of that I am 68% engrafted...Wow! We just keep praising the Lord. We will probably post more later but wanted to share the good news! My main prayer request right now is... 1.my swelling/breathing. Still not good ( has gotten better though). 2.They test the bone marrow to see if what has grown is mine or James on day +21 (just 6more days). That is really important so we don't have to go through this again. Also, (#3)I need to be able to take all my medicines orally, and there are a lot. So I will be working on that in the next couple days. I also (#4)need to start eating... the doctors said I will more than likely get out with the TPN (nutrition line), but it will be really good if I would start eating some on my own ( haven't for days). Oh, and a little thing called my blood pressure, it is still really high. It comes down with medicine but goes right back up. Sounds like a lot but I have come so far I know these details are not difficult for God. I may even get to go for a ride in the hall today. I wish I could go with my friend Torie, I miss her. I miss a lot of people and I am going to miss my Uncle's birthday so I want to tell him ...Happy Birthday Uncle Nathanael!! I am so sorry I will miss your birthday, but I will get better soon and come home and party with you, OK?!
Love to all,
Josiah

3 comments:

  1. Such a great number, Si! We're so happy there is good news among the yucky stuff. I hope you are feeling more like yourself today!

    Love,
    Rylie's family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it seems like a lot Si, but you can do it!

    When we got out of the hospital Lauren was taking 17 doses of meds a day (AND TPN)...

    What helped her start eating the most was when her siblings came to visit from home around day +40 or so... sitting at the Ronald McDonald House at the table and seeing them enjoying all that really good food was enough to get her started back up... but she did drink pediasure for about 9 months post transplant. We started with 5-6 a day (one with each meal and one with nap and bedtime) and by Christmas (~+210) she was down to 1 before bedtime.

    It will happen! So happy to see such great numbers so quickly!

    Thanks for the update!
    Kindall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Josiah! You rock! I'm so happy for you, and can't wait till I'm out there with you! And you look great! XXXOOO Torie and her family

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, we love your input!