Sunday, February 28, 2010

+24 still out and Pa-Paw's Birthday

Hello everyone,
Thank you all for your encouraging notes on my last blog. My family and I love to read all the notes people write, makes us know that we are not alone in this. Thank you! I am still doing well... I have had a few very busy days so it takes a little while to let ya'll know. The day I got out of the hospital, I was on my way out when I threw up and blew my GI tube out several inches. The nurse had to push it back in and take another x-ray. This time it was in the right place but it delayed our trip out. I didn't mind taking an extra rest there as long as I got to go home at the end of the day. I had so much medicine to take home and when we got to the RMcDonald house I had even more waiting for me. I still loved being home with my family. I have to go to the clinic everyday to get everything checked. So far no fevers and my Blood pressure is back down. I have had trouble keeping meds and food down but I have been eating more and hopefully I will be off my TPN soon.

Today is also my Pa-Paw's birthday! As much as we miss everyone, we have been blessed to have my moms dad to stay with us up here. He told me that the best birthday present he could get would be me to be home to celebrate it. We all praise the Lord that I am here to bless Pa-Paw on his special day.

We are home for now and will be for here in Minnesota for a minimum of 100 days post transplant. I am +24 today, so we will be here for awhile. Hopefully it will be an uneventful time, as we have learned "boring is good!" Hopefully my friend Torie will be home soon so that I can play and we can grow strong together. I really am thankful for all your prayers for both of us, it is such a blessing!

Love to all,
Josiah











4 comments:

  1. So glad you got to go home to the RMH. You are one amazing little guy and so is your family. Still praying that everything continues to go well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having you around is the best present for anyone! Tell Pa-Paw Happy Birthday from us and keep working on that eating so we can have cake and ice cream at my party! SSSSi! XXXOOO Torie and the Grandma's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Josiah, I'm so glad that you are at RMH with your family! I just wanted you and your family to know that there are now a whole bunch of really good people that have been following Torie's Story and are now following your story. Hurray! You have a 'blood twin' but I think you also have a spiritual twin with Torie.

    I love marshmallows, I didn't love them very much before but I sure love them now!

    Torie's Papa Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josiah, you look SO good and we are grateful! It's the best medicine ever being with the ones who love you best! I know your Pa-Paw had the best birthday celebration ever with you there! We are so excited for ya'll and pray for you, Miss Torie and your family every day. Again, the pictures are just beautiful and really help us feel closer. Be well, precious ones! xoxoxo <3 Aunt Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, we love your input!