Thursday, February 25, 2010

+21


Hello again,
I am still here in my hospital room, at least till tomorrow. I am doing well, all my counts went up on there own today except platelets (just down to 12). My blood pressure seems to keep going up so they are trying a different medicine and want to watch me over night. So for now all the nurses are stuck with me but hopefully not for long. I did get to go for a walk today again
in the hall. All the doctors thought I was so funny walking with my pole and my cart with my portable TV on the cart. See, my therapist (OT) came in to play and I didn't want to walk ,I wanted to watch TV or play the computer. I was kinda tired from still barfing meds (even with this tube up my nose :( ) several times. So to encourage me to walk she put my TV on my cart and let me loose. I loved it and I just started cruising... just a little crazy steering though since I didn't watch where I was going. So now I am back for a nap. They are also watching me for a fever (right now under 100 but had gone up to 100.3), they keep you for an extra 48hrs. past your fever of over 100.5. Over all I am doing good and hope to be out soon. My friend Torie is doing so much better she ate eggs, sausage and pears for breakfast. You have to check out her website and smile at her picture. It makes us all smile to know that Torie is feeling some better. Thank you again for all your prayers and I hope to report of a discharge tomorrow.
Love to all,
Josiah

4 comments:

  1. Si, I'm sorry you didn't get to go back to the house, but it gives me such comfort to know that you are just down the hall from me. I can't believe all the cards I've gotten from the Tennessee gang...and Tennessee prayers are sure strong! I'm so glad to have you for a forever friend! SSSS (Stay strong sweet Si)! Love, Torie and the Grandma's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great going, Josiah! Love your portable TV-you ought to patent the idea. I'm sorry that you didn't get to go 'home', but God's timing is better than perfect! Love and kisses from Ben and Grandma Dee! (((hug)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Josiah, I'm sorry to hear that you did not get to escape to Ronald McDonald House yet. But soon you will!! I think that you and Torie are in the '2 steps forward and 1 step back' phase. But that's ok! That's great! You little ones are moving forward and both of you two sweet angels are going in the right direction. You hang in there Little Man. I can't wait to meet you and your wonderful family. Torie is always on my mind but as she is, so are you.

    Torie's Papa Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

    I have spoken here of heavenly help, of angels dispatched to bless us in time of need. But when we speak of those who are instruments in the hand of God, we are reminded that not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with—here, now, every day. Some of them reside in our own neighborhoods. Some of them gave birth to us, and in my case, one of them consented to marry me. Indeed heaven never seems closer than when we see the love of God manifested in the kindness and devotion of people so good and so pure that angelic is the only word that comes to mind.

    From Tom,
    I believe that Josiah and Torie are 'Angels'. And as we may feel that the world has crashed into our lives, I wonder, are we blessed? Oh yes! Thank you Heavenly Father for bringing Torie into my life and thank you for bringing Josiah into my life as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, we love your input!