Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy Un-Birthday Josiah!

Boy has this been an interesting day. I got to have my whole family up here to celebrate me getting new blood! The nurses and staff brought James and I presents and balloons, I love it! Nurse Kate gave me my IV of Marrow and had to wear a mask and special clothes. She stayed by my bed for over an hour just watching me and taking my blood pressure. I ended up having to have blood pressure medicine today but the Dr. said that is normal. My blood pressure got up to 208 over 110, Yikes! But God is in control and gave the nurse wisdom to help me. James got to come in and see me earlier but then had to go to his room and rest. His voice is pretty hoarse and he said his back was hurting pretty bad. After his nap ( and some Tylenol) he felt better. Sara, Hannah and Leah all came in too and we had fun. It took a long time to get everything done and get me where I was doing well but we wanted to tell you thank you for your prayers. Right now I am a very pink color all over. So far that is the only thing that hasn't gotten better. It doesn't hurt and I am not hot, I am just turning like Elmo. :)
I want to thank my big brother for giving me his blood to save my life, I love him. He is my hero! We also thank the Lord for His mercy is everlasting! Pray that my night is good and that everyone can get some sleep. Love to all and we will talk to ya tomorrow.




P.s. we haven't had an update from Torie's grandma, but the nurse said she thought Torie was doing well. Please keep her in your prayers as well. Thank you all for your notes on our walls, it's always fun to read them!




































5 comments:

  1. Josiah! Very HAPPY Un-BIRTHDAY to you!!! I know your family is excited for this day! You are such a blessing from God! He loves you so much! I am praying to HIM for you and your family and James that you would have a quick recovery and get to enjoy this un-BIRTHDAY!!
    Love you!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Un-Birthday!!! This is indeed a wonderful day. You all are in our prayers!

    Todd, Nicole and Wyatt Blancheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did it Si! All "plus" numbers now! I'm glad you're doing good. I just saw your door on my way to X-ray (I got a fever) and wanted to stop to see you, but they wouldn't let me. Tell your sweet sisters and Hero thank you for the poster! Love, Torie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Torie's Aunt Erin from AZ. I have heard all about you and your family and the incredible journey you are facing as well. So you have prayers headed your way all the way from Arizona. I look forward to reading the many miracles that I am certain are in your future. Happy Un-Birthday Josiah! James- you are a stud! I hope I can meet you both someday.

    Love The Beckerman Family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray Father God continues to bring double portions and surprises to amaze the doctors! Yea!! God is good like that :) Josiah and James, we are thankful you are both doing so well and have been so brave. We just LOVE all the great pictures of you, your family and friends! We are praying for Torie, too!!

    I love you forever and a day! ((HUGS))
    Aunt Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, we love your input!